Would getting a generous tax credit make your decision to go solar easier? Or maybe getting a rebate that reduces the cost of your investment in going solar? Interested in learning about what financial incentives are available?
If so, keep reading to learn where you can find the latest information about what’s available to help make your dream of going solar a reality.
Let’s start at with the Federal Government programs. These programs generally use tax credits to reward individuals by allowing a credit that reduces any tax owed. In 2017, the solar credit is up to 30% of the investment made.
- Follow this link to find out if a solar energy projects or home improvement you are considering might qualify for credits: http://bit.ly/SolarProjectsInfo
- To research what programs are currently offered, visit http://bit.ly/AboutTaxCredits to learn more.
- For FAQ’s, form, etc, visit this page: http://bit.ly/EnergyStarIsThere
- Homeowners who qualify for FHA loans may be able to finance energy efficient upgrades like solar panels. More information about the FHA Energy Efficient Mortgage program can be found here: http://bit.ly/FHAEnergyEff
Always consult a tax expert about your individual situation before making a decision about items that affect your tax return.
The state of Texas does not have an individual income tax, so there are no rebates or incentives for solar investment offered at the state level. However, Texas residents who install a solar system on their home are increasing the appraised value of their home. State lawmakers recently decided that this increase in value will be given an exemption from property tax. As always, please check with your personal tax advisor regarding these questions.
At the local level, here’s a sample of the type of programs available in the area GoProSolar serves
- Austin Energy offers rebates to homeowners who install Photovoltaic panels on their home. To find out what they are currently offering and how to get started, visit their website: http://bit.ly/SolarRebatesATX
- Austin Energy has programs for business/commercial property, too: http://bit.ly/AustinSolarBiz
- San Antonio is working hard to increase the solar capacity of their city, so CPS has a residential solar rebate program. Visit their page for information on their program and tips for getting started: http://bit.ly/CPSSolarRebates
In addition to these programs for homeowners and small business, there are many programs at the federal, state and local level. Visit: http://bit.ly/dsiretexasprograms for a searchable database of programs for Texas homeowners and businesses.
Solar is always a great investment, but incentives, rebates and tax credits make the decision even easier – go solar!